All-New Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet … amazing Value for Money, you can pre-order now.
Amazon today announced the all-new Fire HD 8, the next-generation Fire HD tablet designed from the ground up for all-day entertainment. With an 8” widescreen HD display and quad-core processor, Fire HD 8 now offers an incredible 12 hours of battery life, 50% more RAM for faster performance, and 2x the on-device storage, plus support for up to 200 GB of additional storage via a microSD card—all for only £89.99.
“We believe in a different approach to tablets—providing premium products at non-premium prices—and customers love it. In fact, we’ve seen our Fire tablet sales more than double year-over-year as a result,” said Jorrit Van der Meulen, VP, Amazon Devices EU. “The all-new Fire HD 8 packs more battery life, more storage, and faster performance—all for less than £90.”
Fire HD 8 delivers access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, and apps and games, as well as exclusive features like X-Ray, ASAP, Second Screen, Amazon Underground, and On Deck. With its 8” HD display and portable size, Fire HD 8 is the perfect tablet for entertainment.
The all-new Fire HD 8 includes:
- High-definition display—8” widescreen (1280 x 800) HD display with over a million pixels (189 ppi) for a bright, vivid image quality.
- Fast performance—With a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor and 1.5 GB of RAM—50% more RAM than the previous generation Fire HD 8 for faster performance when playing games or launching apps.
- 2x more storage—With options for 16 GB or 32 GB, and support for up to 200 GB of expandable storage via microSD.
- All-day battery—4,750 mAh battery for up to 12 hours of mixed use battery life for a full day of power.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Dolby Audio—Fire HD 8 stereo speakers are custom-tuned for immersive, high-quality sound.
- Fire OS 5—Includes a user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for your content easier than ever—now with support for comiXology and Twitch.
- Amazon Underground—a one-of-a-kind app store experience where thousands of premium apps, games, and even in-app items are 100% free—including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs, and more.
- On Deck—For Prime members, On Deck automatically keeps your Fire tablet current with popular Prime movies and TV shows, as well as Amazon Original Series. For customer that aren’t yet Prime members, On Deck downloads first episodes of Amazon Original Series—so you always have something great to watch.
- Massive content ecosystem—Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Family Library, Amazon Fire for Kids, Prime Video downloads, Blue Shade, Word Runner, and more.
- Screen sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24x7, 365 days a year—for free.
- Four fun colour options—Black, magenta, blue, and tangerine.