Apple have been hard at work fixing and tweaking their latest operating system. Available through Software Update, or as a standalone installer, 10.5.1 fixes a slew of things. Amongst the fixes are:
- Allows password-protected accounts on AirPort Disks to show up on in the Finder's Shared Sidebar.
- Restores the functionality of the progress bar during permission repairs in Disk Utility.
- iCal alarms are now more reliably delivered via email.
- Improves stability in Mail when resizing columns in the message viewer or switching between Stationery templates in email messages.
- Addresses a potential data loss issue when moving files across partitions in the Finder.
- Addresses formatting issues with certain drives used with Time Machine (specifically, single-partition MBR drives greater than 512 GB in size as well as NTFS drives of any size and partition scheme).
There is a lot more besides just this short list. Shame it did not fix my issue with a crawling internet connection when using my wifi. Oh, and the printer queues still stay open after all my documents have finished printing. And and and, my Quark Xpress will not print to my Xerox Phaser 6180, unless I create a PDF and print that instead. Anyway, full details of the update can be found here