It seems like I have been been waiting ages for the 10.5.3 update. For a long time I have been having wifi problems on my MacBook Pro, along with a few smaller problems. Well, that day is finally here and I am hoping that it solves some, if not all of them.
Apple today released the OS X 10.5.3 update, which is recommended for Mac OS X 10.5, 10.5.1, and 10.5.2 Leopard. It includes general operating system improvements that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
General improvements include the following;
- Fixes a font issue that could result in Helvetica Narrow being used in applications instead of Helvetica.
- Addresses an issue with stuttering video and audio playback in certain USB devices.
- Resolves stability issues with Word of the Day, iTunes Artwork, and Slideshow screen savers.
- Fixes an issue in which certain attached hard drives may not show up in the Finder.
- Addresses an issue with .Mac syncing of Dashboard widgets over multiple Macs that use different screen resolutions.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several cameras.
- Improves the accuracy of the Software Update progress bar indicator.
- Addresses an issue in which Finder may not be available if the computer name is blank in Sharing preferences.
- Improves Active Directory binding and login.
- Eliminates a delay when logging in as an Active Directory user in a .local domain.
- Improves Spotlight searches on a AFP file server volumes.
- Clients can now change their password at the login window when bound to a Mac OS X 10.4 Open Directory server.
- Improves Safari reliability when connecting to the Internet through a Microsoft ISA proxy.