Today Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions®, today released Roxio Popcorn® 4, a Mac software application that allows consumers to quickly and easily transfer personal video entertainment from capture devices and DVDs for enjoyment on next-generation consumer electronic devices including game consoles, set-top boxes, and mobile devices.
With the new Popcorn 4 you can import and convert personal video entertainment from virtually anywhere. The application adds to its extensive format compatibility with support for AVCHD and AVCHD-Lite (high-definition camcorder files), as well as the popular Web-based Flash format. Enhanced video preparation tools make it easy to extract favourite video segments or an audio track from a DVD-Video or high-definition file. For lightning-fast file conversion, Popcorn utilises Turbo.264 HD hardware accelerator, and makes the process more convenient by adding the ability to schedule long conversion projects for when your system is idle. The application even allows you to preview how a converted file will look on your favourite device without having to perform a full file conversion.
Popcorn 4 streamlines video transfer with a new list of device “profiles” for next-generation consumer electronics including the latest handheld devices, the Palm® Pre™ and new iPod nano®, as well as game consoles such as the Nintendo® Wii and Sony PSP® go. Simply select your device from the Profile list, and Popcorn will automatically create a file that’s optimised for playback on that device. If you share videos via the Web, then you’ll appreciate a new feature that lets you directly upload your video to YouTube™ or the ability to output to Flash® for publishing to a personal page or site.
“Until now it has been a bit of a science experiment to connect the many sources we have for capturing and storing personal video with the diverse range of devices available for playing them back,” said Matt DiMaria, general manager, Roxio division of Sonic Solutions. “This changes with Popcorn 4. Consumers no longer have to worry about file format types and device compatibility. Regardless of the video source, just point and click to copy, convert and enjoy it on almost any home or mobile screen.”
Popcorn 4 Feature Highlights:
Import and Copy
• Import from virtually any video source – AVHD and AVCHD Lite, MKV, Flash (FLV, F4V), QuickTime®, AVI, VOB, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, TiVo recordings, EyeTV recordings, and more
• Create DVDs directly from the footage stored on AVCHD and AVCHD Lite camcorders
• Quickly extract multiple video clips from any DVD-Video
• Extract music from any DVD-Video and send directly to iTunes® for listening on your Mac® or iPod
• Automatically save Web video from your favourite video sharing sites to view offline
• Copy all non-encrypted DVDs, disc images or VIDEO_TS folders
• Merge multiple DVD-Video folders onto a single compilation DVD with as much as 4 hours of personal videos or EyeTV recordings
• Batch Fit-to-DVD™ lets you queue multiple DVD-Video folders for DVD-9 (dual-layer) to DVD-5 (single-layer) conversion
• Create custom DVD menus and even use a personal photo as the background
Prepare and Convert for Living Room or On-The-Go Viewing
• Copy home video, DVD-Video files, and other video files to DVD disc to enjoy in the living room.
• Publish converted video directly to YouTube
• Convert video into Adobe Flash (FLV and F4V) with web template and player controls for sharing on the web
• Schedule video conversions to run when you’re away from the computer
• Pause CPU-intensive video conversions to regain control of your Mac and then resume when convenient
• Gain quick access to Movies folder and EyeTV recordings, and Spotlight search with the improved Media Browser
Pricing and Availability
Fully Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatible, Popcorn 4 is available today at www.roxio.co.uk for £34.99 and will be introduced early next month in retail stores and online stores.