Get your photo gear out... Commonwealth Games England have today officially launched ‘We Are England’; a photography competition aimed at finding the ultimate photographs that best represent England in all of its glory. The competition is to celebrate everything about England and ‘Englishness’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games that take place later this year in Delhi. The winners will be exhibited at a top London ArtGallery.
Photographs can be of anything at all that represents England – from a historic English landmark, to a traditional English game taking place in a park, or even photographs taken live at an English sporting event. All it needs to do is encompass the spirit of England to those entering.
There are some amazing prizes on offer to win, including;
- A lunch hosted double Olympic Gold Medalist Dame Kelly Holmes
- Centre Court Wimbledon tickets
The ‘We Are England’ competition coincides with St. George’s day, and winners will also be invited to attend a champagne breakfast at the launch of the exhibition at the SW1 Gallery on Wednesday, April 21st, and will be joined by some of the top Commonwealth Games England athletes and representatives as well as members of the media. The exhibition of the winning photographs will run until Sunday, April 25th. Entrance will be free of charge to the public.
The competition will be split into three categories - a professional photographer category, an amateur photographer category for the 16 and under age group, and an amateur photographer category for the 17 and over age group. Entries are to be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org, and although there should only be one photograph per email, there is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted.
The England team will be showcasing their new ‘We Are England’ brand logo at the Commonwealth Games in October – a rallying call for the nation to get behind the team - and the photography competition provides a great opportunity for the public to show what England means to them.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Choose your photograph you’d like to enter. It can be a new shot or a photo you have already taken as long as it hasn't previously been published. The photograph needs to be at least 4800 x 3600 pixels [16inches x 11 inches] at 300 dpi resolution, supplied in jpeg format compressed to a maximum file size of 5MB. No other formats will be accepted.
2. Attach it to an email with 'We are England photo competition' as the subject line. The email must contain your full name, the category you are entering in and the title of your photograph.
3. We ask you not to attach more than one photograph to any one email or your entry will not be valid. You may enter more than one photograph but each must be sent attached to its own email.
4. Send the email to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday April 9th 2010.
5. Please read and ensure you understand the full competition rules before you enter.