Another month is upon us (again already?), and that means it's time for another breakdown of Android versions. This is the monthly look at the percentage of the various Android versions that are on active phones. Here's the gist:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean): 0.8 percent
- Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich): 15.9 percent
- Android 3.1-3.2 (Honeycomb): 2.3 percent
- Android 2.3-2.3.7 (Gingerbread): 60.6 percent
- Android 2.2 (Froyo): 15.5 percent
- Android 2.1 (Eclair): 4.2 percent
- Android 1.6 (Donut) 0.5 percent
- Android 1.5 (Cupcake): 0.2 percent
Our big takeaway from this is that Ice Cream Sandwich has more than doubled, from 7.1 percent at this point last month. And that'll grow again for August, and presumably the rest of the year.
Jelly Bean makes its first appearance at less than 1 percent, and we're not expecting a huge bump until more retails devices (as in, anything not named Nexus) are released, though any increase may be a good indication of how the Nexus 7 tablet is selling.
[Source: Android Central]