Wahoo Fitness, the leader in iPhone powered cycling, running and fitness, launches the Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer in the UK. The KICKR Power Trainer is the world’s first iPhone powered bike trainer, allowing cyclist and triathletes to set resistance, accurately measure power and complete App based workouts, all from their iPhone or iPad. Available now from wahoofitness.com/eukickr.
Using Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart) and ANT+ technology, the KICKR Power Trainer connects to the iPhone or iPad, allowing full resistance control during a training session. While pedaling, users can increase or decrease resistance, structure interval workouts or even simulate real world bike courses all from their iPhone or iPad. Resistance adjustments are instant, making it easy to replicate everything from a flat or rolling hill course, to the coast down a hill after a hard climb.
With a ‘wheel off’ design and super flywheel, the iPhone connected bike trainer is engineered to produce an ultra-realistic road feel. A direct power measurement at the hub provides consistent and accurate power readings for every grueling mile.
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer features include:
- Resistance adjustment via iPhone or iPad for structured rides or real world course simulation using top cycling Apps and computer-based software including TrainerRoad, Kinomap Trainer, PeriPedal, PerfPro Studio, iMobileIntervals, and more. Please visit www.wahoofitness.com/KICKRPowertrainer for a list of the current compatible Apps and software programs
- ‘Wheel off’ design allows direct power measurement at the hub, providing the most
accurate and consistent power measurement throughout every mile.
- In ride adjustments simulate across all intensities from coasting downhill to cranking up a
15% grade (600-2000 watt resistance)
- Custom-engineered flywheel designed to provide an ultra-realistic road feel
- ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
- ANT+ compatibility allows for power, speed and distance data to be sent to your ANT+ enabled bike computer
- Quiet – tested to be one of the quietest trainers on the market
"Cyclist and triathletes will be blown away by the feel of the KICKR,” says Chip Hawkins, CEO of Wahoo Fitness. “We spent lots of time engineering the feel and fine tuning it for the most realistic ride we’ve ever experienced on an indoor bike trainer. With the wheel off design, there is no need for calibration; the power is consistent and accurate every single time. The electronic resistance is driven by your iPhone or tablet during a ride, you can go from hammering up a 15% grade to coasting downhill, instantaneously.”
Wahoo Fitness has fully integrated the iPhone into all aspects of cycling fitness. With Wahoo’s Blue SC Speed and Cadence sensor for iPhone, the Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and the KICKR bike trainer, Wahoo users can now track and power their cycling with their iPhone on the road, the trail and the trainer. Wahoo Fitness’ iPhone cycling system allows users to monitor all the vitals including power, speed, cadence, heart rate, pace, distance, location, course and more.
Pricing and availability