Sony’s recently announced SmartWatch 2 is apparently going to arrive in stock with Clove starting with July 15, according to the UK retailer.
The device is already available for pre-order with Clove, which basically said in a blog post that it will ship the first units as soon as they arrive.
Furthermore, Clove’s pre-order page now lists the new smartwatch for £120 (VAT included) or around $181, and has shipping pegged down to the “week commencing 15th July.”
That’s certainly surprising considering that Sony said in the official SmartWatch 2 press release that the device will ship at some point in September.
Not long after it was made official, the device was confirmed to arrive in France also in September, where it would cost €199, or around $258. From the looks of it, UK buyers interested in smartwatches are definitely getting a better deal, and an earlier ship date.
The Sony SmartWatch 2 sold by Clove will come with a black leather wristband in the box. As for the other features of the device, here’s what you can expect:
- Splash proof (Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkeling, water related work or fishing)
- Easy calling
- NFC capabilities
- Versatile accessory ideal for the active person
- Connects via Bluetooth to your compatible device
- Transmits key information from the mobile device to the SmartWatch without the need to touch the phone itself
- Can be clipped to clothing, bags or worn on the wrist
- More applications being developed at all times to give greater personalization and functionality
Source: Android Authority