Corel Corporation today announced that Corel® Painter™ X, the world’s most powerful painting and illustration software, is now available for pre-order. The latest version of Corel Painter continues its focus on giving professional artists, designers and photographers a natural painting and illustration experience that is unmatched by any other software.
Delivering the next-generation art studio, Corel Painter X blurs the line between traditional and digital art like never before. Working closely with professionals including entertainment artists, commercial designers and photographers, the Corel Painter team explored the relationship between the artist’s hand and the canvas. As a result, Corel Painter X sets the standard with the introduction of unparalleled performance, new composition tools and the revolutionary RealBristle™ Painting System that provides an organic painting and illustration experience—right down to the individual bristles on the brush…
"Corel Painter X is by far the most advanced and intuitive painting program in existence today. The new Divine Proportion Composition tool puts the compositional secrets of the masters in the palm of your hand," said Andrew Jones, Corel Painter Master, respected game industry concept artist and co-founder of Conceptart.org, a leading concept-art online community. "To put it simply, Corel Painter continues to evolve and push the limits, allowing me to realize my imagination’s manifestations."
New Features in Corel Painter X include;
- RealBristle Painting System
- New Composition Tools
- Enhanced! Photo-Painting System
- Match Palette effect
- Universal Mixer palette
- Enhanced! Speed for Intel Based Macs
- Workspace Manager
- Improved Dodge and Burn tools
- Enhanced Color Management
- New! Windows Vista™ support – Corel Painter X is designed to run on Windows Vista.
- Enhanced! Mac OS® X support – Corel Painter X supports the latest operating system from Apple.
- Enhanced! Adobe® Photoshop® support – Layer behavior is very similar to Adobe Photoshop, making it simple to move files between the applications. Files saved to the Photoshop (PSD) file format open in Corel Painter, with layer masks, alpha channels and layer sets (groups) maintained. Enhancements include easier layer grouping and combining, and improved support for layer merge modes. Corel Painter X also supports many Photoshop plug-ins for Mac OS X.
- Enhanced! Wacom support – With Corel Painter X, artists can use the entire Wacom product line—including the Cintiq® 21 UX interactive pen display and the Intuos®3 pen tablet. In addition, the new RealBristle Painting System and the Wacom 6D Art Pen work together to take digital painting to an unprecedented level of realism.
Pricing and Availability
The English version of Corel Painter X, offered in a full version, upgrade version, education edition and Limited Edition Painter Can, is available for pre-order starting today through Corel and select partners. English version box product will be available through Corel and reseller partners in late February 2007. Japanese, French, Italian and German versions of Corel Painter X will be available throughout the spring of 2007.
Suggested retail pricing for Corel Painter X £492.33, with an upgrade weighing in at £257.33.
For more information about Corel Painter X, to pre-order or download the full-featured trial version (which can be purchased today as full product electronic download), please visit www.corel.com/painterx.