Strontium Technology has announced a new series of high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) named HAWK. These Hynix-built solid state drives with Strontium branding are based on SandForce’s SF2281 controller and SK Hynix Flash. These drives are said to be a good upgrade option featuring 500MB/s of read and write performance and also claim to offer faster performance for PCs and Macs. Needless to say, SSDs feature enhanced durability, shock-proof, silent operation and are more reliable as compared to traditional hard drives.
The 2.5-inch HAWK drive is available in 120GB and 240GB storage capacities. The sequential (256KB, MAX) read speed is 510MB/s and write speed is 470MB/s. The random (4KB, MAX) performance is 50,000 IOPS read and 38,000 IOPS write. It comes with support for SATA I/ II/ III interface, TRIM Support (O/S support required) and has a Mean Time between Failures (MBTF) of 1.2M. Strontium HAWK SSD has been designed to offer quicker boot up and shorter lead time in the loading of applications to enhance productivity.
• 2.5” Drive
• SandForce SF-2281
• MLC NAND Flash for Fast Performance
• Available Capacities: 120GB and 240GB
• Sequential Performance (256KB, MAX): Read: 510 MB/s, Write: 470 MB/s
• Random Performance (4KB, MAX): Read: 50,000 IOPS, Write: 38,000 IOPS
• Supports SATA I/ II/ III Interface
• TRIM Support (O/S Support Required)
• Power Consumption: 0.82W (Active), 0.26W (Idle)
• Mean Time between Failures (MBTF): 1.2M
• 3 years hassle-free Strontium Limited Warranty